Recently I started putting together my standard .NET solution template for public release. This template contains the base architecture and functionality that all my projects need. This template is also organized in a very clear way that clearly separates each type of element into it's own section to maximize expansion and ease of development.
Here is a list of some of the topics I've written about in this first release of my solution template, some of them are simple explanations and others are lengthy detailed lessons.
- HttpHandler Creation
- HttpModule Creation
- HttpHandlerFactory Creation
- Custom Config Section Creation
- .NET Tracing
- MasterPages Concepts
- Global.asax Usage
- CSS Theming, Management, and Media-Specific Sheets
- Firefox Console Usage
- DOM Element Creation
- DOM Element Manipulation
- DOM Element Deletion
- Manual XmlHttp Service Creation
- Highly Cohesive Type Organization
As with all my projects, but much more so with this one, I will be updating the solution template over time to account for more AJAX techniques and .NET technologies. I will also continue to expand the commentaries and lessons to the point where this solution itself becomes a case study, a sample application, and book all wrapped up in one.
- NetFX Harmonics .NET SolutionTemplate (e-book Edition) (.NET 2.0)
- NetFX Harmonics .NET SolutionTemplate (aka Field Edition-- as in for use in the field; .NET 2.0) (just the solution; no commentaries)
- Update: Revamped .NET 3.5 edition - TablaRasa for .NET 3.5